Friday, January 28, 2011

Berry-licious

compliments of MEG...
Mixed Berry Cobbler
 
Ingredients
1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries.
1 cup F or F blueberries
2 cups F or F strawberries
(NOTE:  the past two times you had this I used blackberries instead of strawberries and mixed the berries all together and used 4 cups mixed berries.  I have made it with the strawberries and it is also very good - just takes more time to clean and cut them if you use fresh).
1 1/2 cups sugar, divided
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
 1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk ( I use soy and it tastes great)
1/2 cup butter or margarine (I use one stick regular butter - I refuse to cook with margarine on principle. If it is a baked good it should have REAL butter).
 
Step 1
Preheat oven to 375.  Place a stick of butter in a medium baking dish.  Place dish in oven to melt butter, remove from oven when melted.  Since my sticks are usually frozen when I do this I make this my first step.  If your butter isn't frozen, do this a little later as it will melt fast.
 
Step 2
While the butter is melting. combine the berries in a medium bowl and add 1/2 cup sugar.  Mix gently and set aside.
 
Step 3 Combine flour. remaining sugar, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl and mix well ( I do this by hand).  Then add milk and beat until smooth (about 2 min).  I use a hand mixer for this part.
 
Step 4
Once your butter and you batter are ready (sounds like a Dr. Seuss book).  You spoon (don't pour) your batter evenly over the melted butter (don't stir).  Then spoon your berries evenly over the batter (again, do not stir).
 
Step 5
Bake for 20 min or until golden brown.  Serve cobbler warm or at room temp.
 

1 comment:

  1. just fyi - when I make this for a party it goes FAST! Sometimes I make 2!

    ReplyDelete